He is a Human Resources Management Practitioner with extensive experience and exposure in end-to-
end Human Resource Responsibilities at Senior Management levels in diverse industries including
manufacturing, hotel and restaurants, oil and gas, banking and telecommunications.
He has served previously in the following boards and committees;
1. Governing Council member of the Institute of Human Resource Management, Kenya(IHRM)
2. Member of NITA(National Industrial Training Authority) Sector Committee -Real estate and banking sub-committee.
3. Member of ICIFA (Institute of Certified Investments and Financial Analysts) Disciplinary Committee.
4. Board member, Pwani school for disabled.
5. Vice president of Aquinas High school Alumni Association.
During his tenure at the IHRM board, the Human Resources Professional Act number 52 of 2012 was
enacted. Odhiambo is a speaker and facilitator at Human resources seminars and workshops . He has
facilitated sessions at CHRM,IHRM SBS and Insurance institute of Kenya among others. As head of
department in Kenya Petroleum Refineries Limited, he won the Kenya Institute of Management(KIM)
Company of The Year Award(COYA) for best run Human Resources department in 2009.
He holds an MBA (Human Resources Management) from KCA University, Bachelor of Arts
(HSS)Psychology major, University of South Africa( UNISA), a higher Diploma in Human resources
management among other qualifications. He is an accredited Employment and labour court mediator.
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/odhiambo-ooko-fihrm-mba-certified-mediator-mentor-a1318647/